Monday, January 19, 2009

WOW! How exciting! I’m blogging for the first time! This morning I got up and studied again in the hotel lobby. By the way, the hotel is huge! The lobby includes a full sized Starbucks. Then when you go down the elevator, you get to the ballrooms. The most confusing part of all of this is the elevators. There are 6 elevators lettered A-F. However, instead of having up and down arrows, there are number keys. You are supposed to push the number of the floor that you are going to. Then the key tells you which elevator to proceed to. Well, when our group got to the elevator last night we didn't see the number keys. Therefore, we got on the elevator and were confused when there were no floor options. So Joel started yelling out floor options at the elevator. Temporarily, that worked really well. Two of the three floors that we went to were the right floors! Precious and Ms. Shavicka rode the elevator for 10 minutes. After that we figured out how to work the floors, and the rooms are very nice!

And I met Earl Stafford Jr.! He said I impressed him so much that he took me to meet his father, Earl Stafford Sr., who is responsible for putting the People's Inaugural Project together. I also met Mr. Ralph B. Everett, the president and CEO of the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies—to top it all off, I got to take a picture with him and I got his business card. I am making so many new contacts!

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment