Friday, January 23, 2009

I couldn’t have asked for more memorable trip than this. I just want to thank everyone who made this experience happen for me. Because of your generous heart, I was able to be a part of history. I have enjoyed the trip since I got on the bus! The people were great and kind. I really enjoyed being with the other kids and Ms. Shavicka because they are HILARIOUS!!! The most memorable moment was inauguration day. It was exciting the second I woke up, including the hour wait on the boys. Ms. Shavicka and I seemed to manage to occupy our time anyhow. The inauguration day is the most memorable day because it is history. Second, I will be able to tell my family I was apart of the event. Thirdly, because I had an extravagant time the whole day. We watched the parade from the inside of the hotel. That was the best place for us to be because we were in the heat and we could see everything. Whereas others were in the cold freezing for eight hours. It was even cooler to see the snipers on top of the building ready to protect the president. I went back down memory lane as I saw the bands coming. I was soooo squeamish at the size of the Florida A&M band. (My guidance counselor wants to go there.) It was good to see the University of Tennessee band representing Tennessee. It was only right for me to learn Rocky Top since the band was playing so the ladies on the bus taught us on the way. After the parade, we got ready for the ball. Together we looked like kings and queens. The ball was a lot of fun. After begging Joel to show us how to dance, he finally danced with me to a Chris Brown song. Once we got through dancing at the ball and the prizes were given (we didn’t win Wizards tickers or the IPod touch). Fortunately, the excitement didn’t end there. We had special performances at the ball including Miss America 2004 being our Mistress of Ceremony and Ken Ford, the violinist. His performance was good but he didn’t play how he wanted because of technical difficulties. Joel even got a picture with him! We got a huge kick out of this lady selling wristbands n the street. She was so hilarious we almost bought some. The whole trip was phemonal and full of surprises including Shirley Caesar performing. All the performances and speeches were beyond excellent.

Precious

No comments:

Post a Comment