Monday, January 19, 2009

This morning started off really early! The early start was well worth it. The prayer breakfast was absolutely wonderful. I was pleasantly surprised to find out Pastor Shirley Caesar would sing during the program. She came in and was phenomenal. Her second song was after the speaker and she ran over her time singing with The People's Choir. There was also a harpist, Jeff Majors. He was graceful and I could feel his passion from his music. There have been a lot of correlations to Dr. King's life and Barack Obama. We are reminded how Dr. King's life and sacrifices have paved the way for not only Barack Obama but for us all. We were reminded to live a life of service and love. To give of ourselves so that we can make others better. I am proud to be apart of events that carry great meaning and relevance to people's lives including my own. I don't think right now I am able to fully appreciate my spot in history but I am soaking all the emotions and words so that I will never forget. It is now my responsibility to share my story so that others will be uplifted and inspired just as I am.

Shavicka

No comments:

Post a Comment