Friday, January 23, 2009

Well, we are on our way home. I’ve had so much fun this past week. There were so many important events on this trip. The most important part of our trip is pretty obvious. We watched the inauguration of our very first black president, none other than President Barack Obama. Yes we did! I think this victory has opened up so many opportunities for black youth like me. We can all look at Barack Obama and say, “Yes we can achieve all of our goals in life.” Of course the Prayer Breakfast and Martin Luther King Luncheon were very important. These two programs were the major showcases for the Stafford Foundation. I will never forget these programs for as long as I live. I recited Dr. King’s “I Have a Dream” speech at the Pre-Teen Youth Inaugural Ball. I then turned around and I went to the Teen Youth Ball. This was incredible. It was my first experience with going to a ball. And if I do say so myself, I looked sharp. I met so many important people such as; Earl Stafford Jr. and Earl Stafford Sr. I met Martin Luther King III. Actually, I got to have a picture taken with him and got his autograph. We went site seeing and saw a lot of important monuments. We even stumbled across Barack Obama’s motorcade. It was so amazing! Even better, I got to blog for the first time. So to conclude, I hope that you enjoyed reading my blogs. I know that I had fun writing. This was definitely the experience of a lifetime.

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment