Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This morning I woke up at 8:30 and was surprised to see at least 100,000 people outside for the parade. The parade doesn’t start until 2, so those people got a while to wait. We got dressed around 9 something, so we could just go outside and see the crowd. Shavicka called the boys and told them to be ready in 30 minutes. As usual Shavicka and I waited for them in the lobby. Soooooo an hour went by and I decided to go see why they hadn’t came down. To my surprise they were still getting ready, so Shavicka and I went outside without them! We saw a long line of people waiting to get through this tent so they could be a part of the parade. On our way back, we saw him—Barack Obama! And we got a picture with him! Well, actually, we got our picture with a cardboard cutout of him! When we got back to the hotel, the boys still weren’t ready. I chatted with a policeman from Seattle. He said he had been here since 3:00 am this morning and had been outside since 5:00 this morning. He mentioned that his toes were frozen with the tool socks on. He had come in for a 20 minute break and was heading back out in 5 minutes. My morning has been great thus far! It is much colder than yesterday outside, but I shall live. Chow for now!

Precious

No comments:

Post a Comment